Nurses Health Tips
Stop the Spread of
Germs in Schools
- Approximately 1/5 of the U.S. population attends or works in schools.
- Some viruses and bacteria can live from 20 min. up to 2 hrs or more on surfaces like cafeteria tables, doorknobs, and desks.
- Nearly 22 million school days are lost annually due to the common cold alone.
- Addressing the spread of germs in schools is essential to the health of our youth, schools and nation.
- Students need to get plenty of rest, drink water, and eat good food to help them stay healthy.